Nervous about going to the Dentist?
At Robertson Dental Innovations we provide high-quality dental care for all of our patients. Our highly skilled, highly trained team (from the dentists to the receptionists) strive to provide patients with the up most care and attention.
We understand that coming to the dentist can be a nerve-racking experience for many people, so we aim to negate these negative feelings in many ways including:
- Our practices are custom designed, with bright and airy waiting rooms and dental surgeries. This design aims to make the practices not feel like a traditional dental practice but a safe welcoming place.
- We cater to all age groups with baby change table facilities and ramps at each practice. This makes us more accessible for all our patients in need of treatment.
- Our Dental Team love kids and endeavour to make each experience fun with “chair rides”, balloons and stickers. The aim is to remove any negative stigma about dentistry in the next generation.
- We use cutting edge technology including systems (like the The Wand), which reduces anxiety relating to needles and injections.
- We have various treatment options including treatment with Nitrous Oxide (Happy) Gas or under a General Aesthetic. See our Anaesthesia & Calming Agents section on our General Dentistry page.
- Our staff are also highly trained, with our Dentists and Dental Oral Health Therapist/Hygienist always studying the latest treatment options and updating their skill bases.
If you are nervous about attending our practice, please don’t hesitate to call our reception team (on (03) 5444 4924 or (03) 5442 8640) to talk with you about different ways we can assist you with your treatment needs.
Some general tips for dental anxiety include:
- Book the first appointment of the day. Not only will the treatment be “over and done with” early, you won’t have to dwell on it coming up all day.
- Come in to look around our practices and meet our reception team.
- Book in for an exam first with our Dentist (or Dental Oral Health Therapist for children). Explain to the receptionists that you are nervous and they will make sure the Dentist knows. At this appointment there will be no needles just a look at the teeth and a meet and greet with the dentist.
- Bring in an mp3 player and some earbud-type headphones. Preload a playlists with some relaxing music or even some music to help you “escape in your own head”.
The Team at Robertson Dental Innovations looks forward to hearing from you and helping you get the treatment you need with as little anxiety as possible.